Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Add PWA, please!

IamMykytko

I don't think I have the only decisive factor when switching from Chrome/Chromium-based browsers to Firefox - this is precisely the lack of support for web progressive applications. They are very convenient to use those sites that people use every day (YouTube, Reddit, Canva, Figma, GitHub, ProtonDB, etc.). I would really like you to add such mechanics from chromium-based browsers - this would change the situation very much when choosing "which browser to use?". I'm a Linux user, particularly Fedora, so I'm often helped by PWAs to use the same Instagram, Canva, Figma, GitHub, Reverso Context and others as if they were separate applications on a computer. This is much more convenient than keeping everything in tabs in the browser. Do not ignore my request, please! I would really like this mechanics in the browser

I don't think I have the only decisive factor when switching from Chrome/Chromium-based browsers to Firefox - this is precisely the lack of support for web progressive applications. They are very convenient to use those sites that people use every day (YouTube, Reddit, Canva, Figma, GitHub, ProtonDB, etc.). I would really like you to add such mechanics from chromium-based browsers - this would change the situation very much when choosing "which browser to use?". I'm a Linux user, particularly Fedora, so I'm often helped by PWAs to use the same Instagram, Canva, Figma, GitHub, Reverso Context and others as if they were separate applications on a computer. This is much more convenient than keeping everything in tabs in the browser. Do not ignore my request, please! I would really like this mechanics in the browser

All Replies (3)

English is not my native language, the translator of the request is from Ukrainian - sorry for the mistakes)

Linux is challenging, we're tracking this issue under bug 2021459. It's not ready yet, but you could test it by switching browser.taskbarTabs.enabled to true in about:config.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.