Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

Tab icons are cut off vertically / lower half of tab bar appears as blank space

johnjohnson77

Is there a setting I may change to allow the tab icons / text to fully display down into the blank space that shows on my tab bar? I will attach an image. Thank you.

Is there a setting I may change to allow the tab icons / text to fully display down into the blank space that shows on my tab bar? I will attach an image. Thank you.
Attached screenshots

All Replies (3)

Hi johnjohnson77,

Thanks for the screenshot. It does show the tab bar is unusually tall, with the tab icons and text confined to the upper part and a large blank area underneath.

This is not normal Firefox tab-bar behaviour. Since it appears to be affecting the Firefox interface itself, could you tell us which operating system you are using and your display scaling percentage?

Also, please try opening Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode and check whether the tab bar looks normal there. If the problem disappears in Troubleshoot Mode, an extension, theme, or customisation is likely affecting the interface.

If it looks the same in Troubleshoot Mode, please let us know. That would help narrow down whether this is a Firefox display issue or something specific to your system.

Chosen Solution

Thank you for replying and for your advice. After thinking that over, and doing a few of the basic suggested tests, my memory was jogged, and I realized it was likely a stylesheet issue.

I think a long-defunct extension I had been using many years ago may have used that means to tinker with toolbar appearances. Somehow a FF update made the issue a problem (actually that was also a while ago, I had been living with the glitch...).

Anyway, turning off stylesheets in about:config fixed the issue. I appreciate the assistance.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.