Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Button "Save windows and tabs of the current session" is no longer available in the current Firefox version 152.0.1

wing.over

Hello everyone, Until a few days ago, Firefox version 140.12.0esr included a button to "Save windows and tabs of the current! session." Unfortunately, this feature is no longer available in the current version, 152.0.1. However, for many Firefox users, saving the windows and tabs of the current! session is absolutely essential. What options are there now to resolve this issue? I would appreciate any suggestions! If there is no way to restore this feature, I, too, will unfortunately have to switch browsers after 20 years as a Firefox user. Many thanks in advance for your help and any information. Best regards, Norbert

Hello everyone, Until a few days ago, Firefox version 140.12.0esr included a button to "Save windows and tabs of the current! session." Unfortunately, this feature is no longer available in the current version, 152.0.1. However, for many Firefox users, saving the windows and tabs of the current! session is absolutely essential. What options are there now to resolve this issue? I would appreciate any suggestions! If there is no way to restore this feature, I, too, will unfortunately have to switch browsers after 20 years as a Firefox user. Many thanks in advance for your help and any information. Best regards, Norbert

All Replies (6)

"Save windows and tabs of the current! session."

Hi, I don't think we've ever had a button with an exclamation mark between words. What was it for?

Yes, and also not underlined and not in bold. Thanks a lot for the help!

Do you mean the option that right now is buried under Custom URLs…?

In the meantime, I’ve managed to find that crucial function again (it was actually quite well hidden). The function is now called "(Replace with) Currently open pages" under "Home pages and startup" > "Custom home page".

Thanks a lot for the help!

The function is now called "(Replace with) Currently open pages" under "Home pages and startup" > "Custom home page".

OK, I found "Custom home page" and have it currently selected, but what about the TABS and Pinned Tabs? Is there no solution there?

And my Next question is to MOZILLA - WHY??? This is something I have used for YEARS. If this is a sign of what is to come, I'm outta here!

Please create a new question. This one is already answered.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.