This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
firefox unrespnsive because tabs crash
My issue is that as soon as I open Firefox, the tab crashes. Open a new tab and it crashes. Unable to add content from the search bar before a tab crash.
I've tried troubleshoot mode and the tabs still crash. Refreshed FF and still tabs crash Uninstalled and reinstalled, but tabs still crash. I have no extensions running
There are no crash reports because FF is running but unresponsive due to tab issues. I'm out of ideas for using my favourite browser.
FF was working on my new Dell all in one, but this issue started about 3 days ago and I've been trying everything to make FF work again.
All Replies (2)
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- On the keyboard, press [Windows] The image "Windows key" does not exist. + [R]. This should bring up a Run window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, type %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
Thanks for your reply Paul. Unfortunately there is no ' submitted' to click on for crash reports. I' ve checked and there are no reports. Is that because it is just the tabs that crash?