Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

ค้นหาฝ่ายสนับสนุน

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

เรียนรู้เพิ่มเติม
Open

password reset frustration

keren4pathways

I have saved on paper (!) my Mozilla and Firefox password but it is not recognised when I try to get passwords saved for sites in P&S To get P&S to fill in a password I have saved with firefox, it requests a password and I can't find a way to reset my password or if even the one I have saved is the right one. I assume that password must be saved by firefox because it automatically signed me in to this site...but I'm being blocked out of my sites because of this.

I have saved on paper (!) my Mozilla and Firefox password but it is not recognised when I try to get passwords saved for sites in P&S To get P&S to fill in a password I have saved with firefox, it requests a password and I can't find a way to reset my password or if even the one I have saved is the right one. I assume that password must be saved by firefox because it automatically signed me in to this site...but I'm being blocked out of my sites because of this.

การตอบกลับทั้งหมด (1)

Hi keren4pathways,

It sounds like Firefox is asking for your Primary Password, which is separate from your Mozilla account password. Your Mozilla account password cannot be used to unlock passwords saved in Firefox.

If you have forgotten the Primary Password, unfortunately it cannot be recovered or reset while preserving the passwords protected by it. You can remove the Primary Password from Firefox, but doing so will also remove the saved passwords that it protects.

Before doing that, I would make sure you have copies of any passwords you still need. If you are able to unlock Passwords with the password you wrote down, you may also want to check exactly which password Firefox is asking for.

ถามคำถาม

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.