Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

ค้นหาฝ่ายสนับสนุน

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

เรียนรู้เพิ่มเติม
Solved

How to replace Tbird's profile folder with one extracted from a backup

skyzoomer

Helping a friend with her HP-i3 PC running Windows 11 that I setup in March of 2025. It was a new PC purchased from BestBuy in March 2025.

I had to restore the image backup of her C drive that I did in March 2025 because of a Windows problem that I wasn't able to resolve. Now that problem is resolved but Tbird has the old profile folder without her new email contacts. (Unfortunately, I did not remember to use Tbird to save a backup of her profile folder before doing the restore.)

She has a recent image backup so I can extract Tbird's profile folder from that backup. What would be the correct procedure to replace the current profile folder with the one extracted from the recent backup?

(don't currently have access to her PC so don't know the version number of Tbird currently installed)

Helping a friend with her HP-i3 PC running Windows 11 that I setup in March of 2025. It was a new PC purchased from BestBuy in March 2025. I had to restore the image backup of her C drive that I did in March 2025 because of a Windows problem that I wasn't able to resolve. Now that problem is resolved but Tbird has the old profile folder without her new email contacts. (Unfortunately, I did not remember to use Tbird to save a backup of her profile folder before doing the restore.) She has a recent image backup so I can extract Tbird's profile folder from that backup. What would be the correct procedure to replace the current profile folder with the one extracted from the recent backup? (don't currently have access to her PC so don't know the version number of Tbird currently installed)

การตอบกลับทั้งหมด (4)

วิธีแก้ปัญหาที่เลือก

If it is just the contacts, the easy solution is to copy two files: abook.sqlite and history.sqlite, from her old profile and paste them into her current profile. Doing more than necessary often causes problems.

david said

If it is just the contacts, the easy solution is to copy two files: abook.sqlite and history.sqlite, from her old profile and paste them into her current profile. Doing more than necessary often causes problems.

Thanks! Sounds good. I'll give that a try and report the results.

david said

If it is just the contacts, the easy solution is to copy two files: abook.sqlite and history.sqlite, from her old profile and paste them into her current profile. Doing more than necessary often causes problems.

I did what you suggested and all of her Tbird contacts have been restored. I marked your post as the solution. Thanks!!!

You're most welcome. I hope the lady was appreciative. :)

ถามคำถาม

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.