Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

ఇంకా తెలుసుకోండి
Open

Can't add attachment to email message

kblackw

I can't get an attachment to an email message. When I select the 'attach' button, nothing happens. I recently cloned my C: drive and am concerned that something didn't get cloned properly

I can't get an attachment to an email message. When I select the 'attach' button, nothing happens. I recently cloned my C: drive and am concerned that something didn't get cloned properly

ప్రత్యుత్తరాలన్నీ (4)

Bug - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2077526. As a workaround, you can drag and drop the file to be attached into the message.

Beyond drag and drop there is another workaround.

  • At the top right of the Thunderbird window, click the menu button ≡ > Settings > General
  • Scroll down to the bottom and click 'Config Editor'.
  • Search for the preference mail.compose.attach.dir.
  • The value (Path) here must be changed to one that is still available (for example C:).
  • Restart Thunderbird.

That should fix it.

Once I access mail.compose.attach.dir. there is no choice of value or path that I can see, only true or false and the default is false

Once I access mail.compose.attach.dir.

Remove the . at the end, like this mail.compose.attach.dir

ఒక ప్రశ్న అడగండి

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.