Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Every time browser starts the same 3 tabs open no matter what

dalmar6677

Every time I open my browser the same 3 tabs open even though I specified a single tab as my home page! The tabs are welcome to firefox, mozilla start page and mozilla notepad addon. Also my addon lastpass manager every time I start it I have to keep adding my info like its the first time Im using it. I ran scans and malware scans and nothing. Please help, I love firefox but Im ready to quit using it.

Every time I open my browser the same 3 tabs open even though I specified a single tab as my home page! The tabs are welcome to firefox, mozilla start page and mozilla notepad addon. Also my addon lastpass manager every time I start it I have to keep adding my info like its the first time Im using it. I ran scans and malware scans and nothing. Please help, I love firefox but Im ready to quit using it.

All Replies (2)

hello dalmar6677, this is likely a case of preferences not properly saving when you close the browser. for details on how to resolve that please refer to How to fix preferences that won't save.

தீர்வு தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டது

Hi Philipp, thats not the problem, I forgot to mention that I uninstalled and reinstalled the browser several times and that didnt work also. Thank you for trying to help. I however in desperation tried one more thing, I uninstalled firefox and all of my personal info(after exporting my bookmarks) and did a clean install and that worked.