Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Firfox frozen when updating to v157.0

p.fabrizio.salvatore

when updating from 154.0 to 157.0 I get a pop up window saying there is a helper that needs to be installed, but when I input my admin account details it gets stuck and won't continue the update (Firefox appears frozen in Activity monitor). The only way to sort this out seems to stop any updates by issuing the command:

rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/Mozilla/updates

from a terminal window. This way I can restart Firefox, but it did not update of course. Is there any solution to this? Thank you !

when updating from 154.0 to 157.0 I get a pop up window saying there is a helper that needs to be installed, but when I input my admin account details it gets stuck and won't continue the update (Firefox appears frozen in Activity monitor). The only way to sort this out seems to stop any updates by issuing the command: rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/Mozilla/updates from a terminal window. This way I can restart Firefox, but it did not update of course. Is there any solution to this? Thank you !

All Replies (2)

Thanks for pointing me to this article. I indeed have admin rights on my laptop and since now I did not have any problem updating Firefox. This issue appeared just a week ago when I tried to update form v154.0 .I can use my admin credentials to do any other kind of update (including the OS, which is 26.7.1). It is very strange... The only way to get Firefox to start is to manually is to issue the command:

rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/Mozilla/updates

but in that case the version of Firefox does not get updated, and I fear that at some point it will stop working. Is the only available solution to unistall and then reinstall Firefox? Thanks !

கேள்வி எழுப்பு

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.