Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Login failed

jill28

Since the update on Sept. 21, 2024 I can't receive my email. I get a popup that says "login failed. enter new password." I enter the only password I have for this and get the same popup. HELP!!!!

Since the update on Sept. 21, 2024 I can't receive my email. I get a popup that says "login failed. enter new password." I enter the only password I have for this and get the same popup. HELP!!!!

All Replies (1)

Okay, I found the answer! The password that Thunderbird wanted was not my Thunderbird password, it was the password for my main email account. That would be: GMail, Outlook, Yahoo, Xfinity, etc. Wherever your email goes before winding up at Thunderbird. Whew!