Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

About 2 weeks ago, I started using Firefox (instead of Explorer) as my browser. I have observed significant available disk memory reduction since. Advise please

markger

I am using firefox 29.0.1 since May 11. My desktop uses Window XP 5.1. Since May 11, I have inexpicably lost 2 G of available memory. I have done nothing remarkable or different during this time, except use FF 29. What can I do to recover this memory and stop memory leak?

I am using firefox 29.0.1 since May 11. My desktop uses Window XP 5.1. Since May 11, I have inexpicably lost 2 G of available memory. I have done nothing remarkable or different during this time, except use FF 29. What can I do to recover this memory and stop memory leak?

All Replies (1)

Are you referring to RAM or Hard Disk memory? Have you tried clearing data such as browser history.