Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Öppen

data destructive bug

Fred.Leonard4

I had my dad on Thunderbird, and migrated him to Evolution, after your horrible failure. I only wish there was a Mac version, I'm stuck on Thunderbird on my Macs. There is no way I can trust Thunderbird, after this destructive failure. They tried to force people off of apt, Linux, and put in hooks to have apt use SNAP, want it or not! When it force migrated him off of apt, which was NOT wanted, or asked for, it lost ALL of his Thunderbird data.

Not only are you not smart enough to realize that some people don't want SNAP, AppImage, FlatPak, or other crap sandboxed garbage, but, without giving them a choice, trying to force a screwed up migration, that obviously doesn't work, and deleting ALL of their data is unacceptable. Even if it hadn't lost all of his data, it wasn't wanted, and I would have had to undo the damage.

FIreFox is the same shit, forcing to SNAP garbage. Fortunately, I have him on Brave, so it's not really needed, just installed for backup, but not being used.

I had to create install scripts just to get them to install normally, no SNAP GARBAGE! It was not easy, because they still try to force migrate.

There are a lot of authors now coming to Linux, that know nothing about it, and don't know how to use apt, so they try that sandboxed shit, not understanding that's why a lot of people are abandoning Windows and Mac in the first place. But most, if not all of them, at least have a .deb to download, or options. This is the first software I have seen trick apt into installing SNAP, then deleting all of its data. And, yes, after searching the entire drive, the data was gone.

What you did is complete BS, and unlike some of those newer people moving to Linux, you can't blame ignorance, because you are not new.

I had my dad on Thunderbird, and migrated him to Evolution, after your horrible failure. I only wish there was a Mac version, I'm stuck on Thunderbird on my Macs. There is no way I can trust Thunderbird, after this destructive failure. They tried to force people off of apt, Linux, and put in hooks to have apt use SNAP, want it or not! When it force migrated him off of apt, which was NOT wanted, or asked for, it lost ALL of his Thunderbird data. Not only are you not smart enough to realize that some people don't want SNAP, AppImage, FlatPak, or other crap sandboxed garbage, but, without giving them a choice, trying to force a screwed up migration, that obviously doesn't work, and deleting ALL of their data is unacceptable. Even if it hadn't lost all of his data, it wasn't wanted, and I would have had to undo the damage. FIreFox is the same shit, forcing to SNAP garbage. Fortunately, I have him on Brave, so it's not really needed, just installed for backup, but not being used. I had to create install scripts just to get them to install normally, no SNAP GARBAGE! It was not easy, because they still try to force migrate. There are a lot of authors now coming to Linux, that know nothing about it, and don't know how to use apt, so they try that sandboxed shit, not understanding that's why a lot of people are abandoning Windows and Mac in the first place. But most, if not all of them, at least have a .deb to download, or options. This is the first software I have seen trick apt into installing SNAP, then deleting all of its data. And, yes, after searching the entire drive, the data was gone. What you did is complete BS, and unlike some of those newer people moving to Linux, you can't blame ignorance, because you are not new.

Alla svar (1)

Here in support, I do not see any reports from you about a failure. Did you submit it under a different account? Are you referring to something that Snap did?

You realize that Thunderbird does not force users how to install in Linux? There are multiple choices. Same with Firefox.

If you do not like what your linux distribution has decided is their default (I don't think most actually force anything), you can download directly from Thunderbird at https://www.thunderbird.net/download/, pick esr or release (your choice) and click download to get a .tar.xz install file.

Ställ en fråga

Du måste logga in på ditt konto för att svara på inlägg. Vänligen starta en ny fråga om du inte har ett konto ännu.