Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Öppen

Why do images on Amazon Books download as avif instead of jpeg?

sgloss77

All of a sudden when I drag and drop book covers from Amazon boos to my mac desktop, they down load as avif files instead of jpeg. I've been doing this for 3years

All of a sudden when I drag and drop book covers from Amazon boos to my mac desktop, they down load as avif files instead of jpeg. I've been doing this for 3years

Alla svar (2)

This is a format designed for smaller file sizes and faster loading pages, but that concerns Amazon's servers. Firefox and any browser simply downloads the file provided by the server. You might need a conversion tool. So maybe Amazon updated their image system format.

I tried doing the download on Safari and it automatically shows up as a jpeg like it used to on Firefox. I prefer using Firefox but I don't want to add an extra step to me process which is what I have to do now. The platform I use for my email newsletters (Mailerlite) does not recognize the avif file type so I have to open that file using preview on my desktop and then export it as a jpeg back to my desktop. So, I kinda think it could have to do with how Firefox is handling the file being dragged to the desktop??

Ställ en fråga

Du måste logga in på ditt konto för att svara på inlägg. Vänligen starta en ny fråga om du inte har ett konto ännu.