Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Denna tråd har arkiverats. Ställ en ny fråga om du behöver hjälp.
Arkiverad

VPN and connection

olof.mattias.forsberg

Hello!

I have Firefox in all my units and it has worked very well over the years. Until I activated Avast SecureLine VPN on my computer HP Microsoft 11.

When the computer is connected to wifi/internet and VPN is activated, the Firefoxprogram won´t start correct. It says I am offline. If I then turn VPN of and update the page it will work immediately. As soon the page start the update I can turn VPN on and it will work on every link and page.

What can I do to get rid of this problem?

/Mattias Forsberg

Hello! I have Firefox in all my units and it has worked very well over the years. Until I activated Avast SecureLine VPN on my computer HP Microsoft 11. When the computer is connected to wifi/internet and VPN is activated, the Firefoxprogram won´t start correct. It says I am offline. If I then turn VPN of and update the page it will work immediately. As soon the page start the update I can turn VPN on and it will work on every link and page. What can I do to get rid of this problem? /Mattias Forsberg

Alla svar (2)

That's not a Firefox browser issue as you said it works when VPN is off so it would stand to reason the problem lies with the VPN and to contact their support.

Not true Markwarner22 - firefox was working flawlessly until the most recent update. The VPN (IP Vanish) is still working with all other browsers. Nothing else was changed and this issue is exactly the same on three of my computers. A quick search shows we are not the only ones with this issue.