Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Denna tråd har arkiverats. Ställ en ny fråga om du behöver hjälp.
Löst Arkiverad

How do you stop new tabs from putting curser in the url address bar?

S.C. Lou

There was some type of update to Firefox a few days ago & I incorrectly clicked on something to do with "URL". I do not remember the exact phrase. Since then When I open a new tab, The URL address bar is highlighted & my cursor is there blinking in the address bar so I could 'search' via the address bar. I do not want that to happen. I would like a new tab to open & the cursor to be in the web page search box like it used to be. I have tried searching the help section, but I cannot find how to get Firefox do act like it used to. I even tried the "Refresh" option, but it didn't help either. Can someone please help me get Firefox back to the way it used to be? Thanks!!!!

There was some type of update to Firefox a few days ago & I incorrectly clicked on something to do with "URL". I do not remember the exact phrase. Since then When I open a new tab, The URL address bar is highlighted & my cursor is there blinking in the address bar so I could 'search' via the address bar. I do not want that to happen. I would like a new tab to open & the cursor to be in the web page search box like it used to be. I have tried searching the help section, but I cannot find how to get Firefox do act like it used to. I even tried the "Refresh" option, but it didn't help either. Can someone please help me get Firefox back to the way it used to be? Thanks!!!!

Alla svar (1)

Vald lösning

Actually, having the cursor in the address bar in a new tab -- usually the address bar is blank so you can enter an address or a search -- is completely normal. If yours worked differently before, and particularly if you were using a different new tab page from the built-in one, you probably had an add-on that modified how it worked. Maybe it was: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/new-tab-override/