In Firefox, the mouse becomes partially unresponsive to elements in the browser and on web pages. This happens after 15-30 minutes after starting up the browser. Common s… (lexoni më tepër)
In Firefox, the mouse becomes partially unresponsive to elements in the browser and on web pages. This happens after 15-30 minutes after starting up the browser. Common symptoms include:
- Unable to drag and drop elements properly, including text after highlighting it.
- Sometimes, the mouse continues to hold elements while dragging. Pressing ESC temporarily fixes this.
- Dropdown menus on websites do not drop down when hoovering over them
- Other items on websites don't display items when hoovering over them
I have tried:
- Different mouses, including my laptop's trackpad
- A Firefox fork, namely Waterfox, but it still occurs
- Limited testing with other browsers. No problem occurs
- Limited testing on desktop. No problem occurs
- Entering Troubleshooting Mode on Firefox
- Clearing cookies and cache
- Reinstall Firefox (including installing from command line instead of the snap store)
- Updated Firefox
- Refreshed Firefox
- About:Processes doesn't show anything using more than 10-15% of CPU at any one time
- Limited testing with a new Firefox profile. No problem occurs
- Disabled WebGL and Hardware Acceleration.
Temporary fix: Restarting Firefox, but the problem re-occurs shortly after use.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.