Showing questions for topic:

(Android Firefox) Reader View issue - how to stop it from trying to download a page that was already downloaded.

Android 11 OnePlus 6T Firefox 156.0 Extensions: https everywhere, Privacy Badger, NoScript, uBlock Origin Tabs are set to never close. I downloaded several chapters from … (read more)

Android 11 OnePlus 6T Firefox 156.0 Extensions: https everywhere, Privacy Badger, NoScript, uBlock Origin Tabs are set to never close.

I downloaded several chapters from an online book I was reading prior to an appointment. I put each chapter into Reader View. Then I turned off WiFi access. This was about 2 hours prior to the appointment. I left Firefox on the regular view page I had loaded the chapters from. When I tried to read all the chapters, Reader View immediately tried to download the page and failed and gave me an error about my Internet connection. "Back" didn't work, all the previous downloaded, static pages were gone.

I tested this at home. If you leave Firefox on a Reader View page and turn off WiFi access, the page is left as is. If you leave the page and return to it, the page is lost and needs to be downloaded again.

Is there a setting or something to prevent this ... behavior?

Thank you

Open 2

Reader View Icon Not Showing Up On Tablet

I'm trying to read an article on my tablet and i use Reader View, but the icon isn't showing up. I've tried changing whether the site is in desktop mode or mobile mode an… (read more)

I'm trying to read an article on my tablet and i use Reader View, but the icon isn't showing up. I've tried changing whether the site is in desktop mode or mobile mode and it doesn't make a difference. But I know the article is compatible because the reader view icon shows up when i open the article on my laptop. If it didn't give me a massive headache to read on my laptop, I'd just do that, but the entire reason i got the tablet was for college reading assignments. Which I can't do. Because Reader View isn't working and the font on the article is really hard for me to read without it.

Open 2

It would be great to be able to save reader mode pages locally (especially on desktop)

It would be great to be able to save reader mode pages locally (especially on desktop) (this is a reply to the feedback call to action in firefox on android) … (read more)

It would be great to be able to save reader mode pages locally (especially on desktop)

(this is a reply to the feedback call to action in firefox on android)

Archived 1 130

Removing Reader Button from Address bar

How can I remove the reader button from the address bar? I have used about:config settings and changed the reader parse setting to "false", and the button still appears. … (read more)

How can I remove the reader button from the address bar? I have used about:config settings and changed the reader parse setting to "false", and the button still appears. There is no reason this button should not have an on and off switch

Archived 1 220

Meaning of Icon in Navigation Bar

Hello, I'm an older person who's still learning how to use my phone. I recently noticed a symbol I don't understand. It's on the right edge of the Navigation Bar and is a… (read more)

Hello,

I'm an older person who's still learning how to use my phone.

I recently noticed a symbol I don't understand. It's on the right edge of the Navigation Bar and is a box with 3 lines (text?). When I click on it, it turns the page black and simplfies what I'm seeing. I've added a couple of images below. It's even on this page I'm using now.

What is this?

Thanks!

Solved Archived 2 129