Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

I cannot close firefox to install a program have tried all recommended steps

AnonymousUser

I am trying to install a new program, and it says to close firefox. I finally found how to do so on the site, and when through the procedure. I searched exactly as directed for the file to delete, but my search keeps coming up empty. I've spent 28 hours downloading this program only to be 1 minute from installing.

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

== Every time i try and close Firefox

I am trying to install a new program, and it says to close firefox. I finally found how to do so on the site, and when through the procedure. I searched exactly as directed for the file to delete, but my search keeps coming up empty. I've spent 28 hours downloading this program only to be 1 minute from installing. == This happened == Every time Firefox opened == Every time i try and close Firefox

All Replies (1)

No need to delete any files.

File > Exit in Firefox to close it. Then check the Task Manager > Processes tab to make sure that firefox.exe isn't still running.