Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Reply text is tiny and I dont know how to increase the font size

jl120

Hi I am using TB 156.0 (64-bit) on Linux. I guess there was an update t TB and now when I reply or forward an email, the font size of the text is tiny. I also found that the font size for just viewing the body text of an email was tiny, but I was able to fix that. But for the font size in the body of a reply or forwarded email is tiny and I have gone thru all the settings for hours with no luck. Any help much appreciated.

Hi I am using TB 156.0 (64-bit) on Linux. I guess there was an update t TB and now when I reply or forward an email, the font size of the text is tiny. I also found that the font size for just viewing the body text of an email was tiny, but I was able to fix that. But for the font size in the body of a reply or forwarded email is tiny and I have gone thru all the settings for hours with no luck. Any help much appreciated.

All Replies (1)

Hi jl120,

You can change the font Thunderbird uses when composing and replying to messages.

Try going to Settings > General > Language & Fonts, then click Advanced. Make sure the font and size are set to something comfortable under both “Latin” and “Other Writing Systems”. You may also want to increase the Minimum Font Size.

If the text is still tiny specifically in the reply window, check Settings > Composition and make sure the HTML font is set to Variable Width and Medium.

If you tell us which Linux distribution you're using, we can give you the exact menu steps for your system.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.