Restore the default Smart Bookmarks Folders
Firefox includes the following bookmark folders by default:
- Most Visited: Available from the Bookmarks toolbar, this folder lists pages you have visited the most number of times.
- Recently Bookmarked: Available from the Bookmarks menu, this folder contains a list of the last several bookmarks you've added. Expand the Recently Bookmarked folder to see a list of sites.
- Recent tags: Available from the Bookmarks menu, this folder keeps track of the bookmark "tags" you've used most recently. Expand the Recent Tags folder to see a list of tags, then expand each tag to show pages you've recently bookmarked using that tag. For more information on tags, see Bookmark Tags - Categorize bookmarks to make them easy to find.
If you have deleted one or more of these default "Smart Bookmarks" folders, you can restore them by doing the following:
In the Location bar, type about:config and press EnterReturn.
- The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click to continue to the about:config page.
- Search for the preference browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion.
- Double-click on browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion and change the value to 0 (zero).
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button and then select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and then select On the menu bar, click on the menu and select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and select
Click the menu button and then click ExitQuit
The next time you start Firefox, the default Smart Bookmarks folders will be re-created.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/1BAQsge