Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Поиск в поддержке

Избегайте мошенников, выдающих себя за службу поддержки. Мы никогда не попросим вас позвонить, отправить текстовое сообщение или поделиться личной информацией. Сообщайте о подозрительной активности, используя функцию «Пожаловаться».

Подробнее
Решён

Compatibility issue between third-party keyboards and address bar suggestions

Odonata

This issue occurs specifically with Japanese text input. I don’t know whether it also happens with other languages.

Currently, when I type in the address bar, autocomplete activates and prevents me from typing correctly. Specifically:

• When suggestions are displayed and I type a vowel, the preceding consonant gets entered twice. • If I dismiss the suggestion list, I’m no longer able to perform text conversion (henkan).

Even after adjusting all the address bar suggestion settings, bookmark suggestions and this support site’s address still get autocompleted. Please allow me to configure a setting that disables all autocompletion in the address bar, including these.

This issue occurs specifically with Japanese text input. I don’t know whether it also happens with other languages. Currently, when I type in the address bar, autocomplete activates and prevents me from typing correctly. Specifically: • When suggestions are displayed and I type a vowel, the preceding consonant gets entered twice. • If I dismiss the suggestion list, I’m no longer able to perform text conversion (henkan). Even after adjusting all the address bar suggestion settings, bookmark suggestions and this support site’s address still get autocompleted. Please allow me to configure a setting that disables all autocompletion in the address bar, including these.

Все ответы (3)

Hi Odonata,

Can you share which third-party keyboard you're using and whether you've tried to replicate the issue with other keyboard?

Изменено Kiki

Выбранное решение

I'm using azookey. However, after trying various things, I resolved it using azookey's "Protect text during input (experimental)" feature. Sorry for the trouble.

No problem! Thank you for coming back to the thread to share the solution. Happy browsing!

Задать вопрос

Для ответа на сообщения вы должны войти в свою учётную запись. Пожалуйста, задайте новый вопрос, если у вас ещё нет учётной записи.