Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Поиск в поддержке

Избегайте мошенников, выдающих себя за службу поддержки. Мы никогда не попросим вас позвонить, отправить текстовое сообщение или поделиться личной информацией. Сообщайте о подозрительной активности, используя функцию «Пожаловаться».

Подробнее
Открытый

How do I register a security key in Firefox?

steve588

How do I register a security key in Firefox?

How do I register a security key in Firefox?

Все ответы (4)

Is that a Webauthn credential, like a FIDO2 USB key, or a Passkey coming from either the same device or a linked device?

Is that a Webauthn credential, like a FIDO2 USB key, or a Passkey coming from either the same device or a linked device?

I think it's more about a Webauthn credential. Currently, Google and Microsoft are pushing their users to set up a Passkey (wich I assume is Webauthn credential) for their account. It's even like it's mendatory for microsoft accounts now. I don't have and don't want to set up a USB stick for this, but I suppose I can do it in another way ? Thanks for your help.

Firefox Version: 155.0.1 Build ID: 20260903215306

Distribution ID: mint-001

jbr said

I think it's Webauthn credential. Currently Google and Microsoft are pushing for their users to set up a passkey for their account wich i assume to be Webauthn credential. I don't have and don't want to set up a USB stick for that but I think there's another way and that's what the OP is asking. It seems like it's currently mandatory for Microsoft accounts to set up a Webauthn passkey. I know that firefox recognise when a Webauthn authentification is asked by the webstite because a fingerprint logo pop out, but no window open. What are the options ? Thanks for your help

I'm on Mint 22.3 - Cinnamon Firefox 155.0.1 (64-bit)

Passkey support is provided by the underlying operating system capabilities.

You can try a "dry run" e.g. here https://www.passkeys.io/ and for platform authenticator support check:

what options there are documented for your combination of OS and credential.

Задать вопрос

Для ответа на сообщения вы должны войти в свою учётную запись. Пожалуйста, задайте новый вопрос, если у вас ещё нет учётной записи.