Randomly, Firefox refuses to work anymore
Sometimes, Firefox 114.2.0 for Android suddenly stops rendering pages or loading new pages.
- Try to search: instantly stops loading, completely white tab, address bar content changes to search
- Try to enter an address directly: doesn’t load, completely white tab, address bar contents stay the same
- Force quitting and reloading doesn’t change anything
- Clearing cache doesn’t change anything
- Clearing data fixes the problem, at the cost of losing all home-screen customization, extensions, and search engine customization, which aren’t synced with the Firefox account
Все ответы (6)
To help us to look into this further, we would appreciate your help:
- Does the issue present as soon as the app is opened?
- Does the issue present when you are already in the app and opening links to new webpages?
- Are you able to load the browser but then page goes blank when searching?
1: Yes, once the issue is triggered, it persists.
2: Yes, once the issue is triggered, no pages can load.
3: Yes, the browser loads, but no tabs can render anything.
Thank you so much for that information.
We are currently looking into this issue with our developers. Would you feel comfortable working with them at a technical level to help look into this matter further?
Our developers are working on the bug over at our bug tracking site at:
You will need to set up an account, but please add a comment with what you are experiencing and that you have been pointed in their direction from me on the support team to the bug and I am sure they would welcome your assistance.
Okay. I can’t guarantee that the bug will show up again, because it seems quite random.
Okay, thank you for letting us know. Please follow that bug report for progress on this issue.
Thank you for your patience while we have been working to look into and resolve this issue.
Please look out for an update from the Google Play store for Firefox for Android version 115.0.1 that we believe should resolve the issue that you have been experiencing. If you see any further issues similar to this, please reply here and we can look into this further for you.