Эта тема была архивирована. Если вам нужна помощь, задайте новый вопрос.
Changing SMTP authentication to OAuth2
I am on Thunderbird 102.5.0 (32-bit) The authentication of my University of Glasgow e-mail account has to be change to OAuth2. I have tried to do so but there is a problem. When I try to change the Outgoing Server (SMPT) from Normal Password to OAuth2, the drop menu does NOT contain the option 'OAuth2'. The 'OAuth2' option is available in the Security Settings Authentication method drop menu.
I have made the recommended checks on cookies and java script etc. They are set as instructed.
Все ответы (4)
a) When I try to change the Outgoing Server (SMPT) from Normal Password to OAuth2, the drop menu does NOT contain the option 'OAuth2'. b) The 'OAuth2' option is available in the Security Settings Authentication method drop menu.
Can you post a screen shot of "a" and "b"?
How old is the account definition in Thunderbird?
I have a similar problem with a school e-mail (outlook server) on Thunderbird 102.6.1 (64-bit), and macOS if it makes a difference. Two months ago I reconfigured my settings when the school finally implemented OAuth2, and I could send and receive e-mails once it was set up. Since then I have not reconfigured anything, but now I can only receive e-mails, not send. When I checked the SMTP Server settings, OAuth2 does not appear in the dropdown for Authentication method. When I checked the account-level Server Settings, OAuth2 is selected for the Authentication method. See the first two attached screenshots.
When sending messages, a dialog box pops up, saying:
Neither the school password nor the OAuth2-generated saved password work (even after clearing the saved password and restarting Thunderbird to redo the OAuth2 process). Another dialog box pops up when I hit Cancel. See third screenshot.
Current workaround is to send messages through Outlook via Office 365, but I like Thunderbird and would prefer to avoid visiting Office 365 if I can.
I also have this same problem as the prior post. I accidentally set up the SMTP server incorrectly when I was making the account for my university email and now when I try to send emails, I get the message error as seen in the prior post. The workaround I've found was to try again in a completely new profile, but I'd like to be able to use a single profile for all of my email accounts.