Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

Spell check has appeared.. even though "check my spelling as I type" is not selected, never has been

ANDROMEDAKRAKEN

I am a copywriter, I do not need spell check, but all of a sudden I get the red squiggly line when searching on google, and also when composing a tweet on tweetdeck (not twitter "proper" it doesn't happen with that site).

Does anyone else have this problem and how can I resolve it? Spell check is not an option that has been ticked on Firefox settings.

I am a copywriter, I do not need spell check, but all of a sudden I get the red squiggly line when searching on google, and also when composing a tweet on tweetdeck (not twitter "proper" it doesn't happen with that site). Does anyone else have this problem and how can I resolve it? Spell check is not an option that has been ticked on Firefox settings.

Toate răspunsurile (1)

I think there are some sites that enable spell check.

To turn it off: # In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.

  1. Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
  2. Search for spellcheck, and disable the feature by double clicking to make it false.