Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Rezolvat Arhivate

Have URL show as default in toolbar

C.W. Billow

When I start Firefox, the address bar is blank. How can I revert back to having the URL show by default for all pages in the address bar?

Regards, Chuck Billow

When I start Firefox, the address bar is blank. How can I revert back to having the URL show by default for all pages in the address bar? Regards, Chuck Billow

Toate răspunsurile (5)

Start Firefox in Use Troubleshoot Mode in Firefox to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).


You may have to close and restore the tab (History > Recently Closed Tabs; Ctrl+Shift+T).

I tried reverting to the default theme etc. in the attached, the "mozilla.org" is all that shows I the address bar -- until I click it, and then the actual URL shows.

Is this adjustable somewhere that I am, just not seeing?

Your screenshot shows the full URL in the location bar for me.

You can set the pref browser.urlbar.formatting.enabled to false on the about:config page to disable the highlighting of the domain and see the full URL more clearly.

You can set the pref browser.urlbar.trimURLs to false on the about:config page to see the http: protocol.


I had clicked the button to show the URL my mistake before the clip. Sorry...

Your solution did the trick.

Thanks, Chuck

Soluție aleasă

You're welcome