Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

DisablePasswordReveal Policy

user41062125769734288856395874178245901022

I installed Thunderbird version 115.16.0

I created an enterprise policy file with the following policies:

  • DisablePasswordReveal: true

With this policy in place, I expect Thunderbird to disable the option to Show Passwords when going to Settings > Privacy and Security > Saved Passwords. However as seen in the screenshot I am able to click on the Show Passwords button; and the passwords are shown along with addtional blank entries that only appear when the Show Passwords button is clicked. The only work-around that I could find to this issue is to also set the following policy:

  • PasswordManagerEnabled: false
I installed Thunderbird version 115.16.0 I created an [https://github.com/thunderbird/policy-templates/tree/master/templates/esr115 enterprise policy file] with the following policies: * DisablePasswordReveal: true With this policy in place, I expect Thunderbird to disable the option to Show Passwords when going to Settings > Privacy and Security > Saved Passwords. However as seen in the screenshot I am able to click on the Show Passwords button; and the passwords are shown along with addtional blank entries that only appear when the Show Passwords button is clicked. The only work-around that I could find to this issue is to also set the following policy: * PasswordManagerEnabled: false
Capturi de ecran atașate

Toate răspunsurile (1)

Based on this discussion https://support.practiceprotect.com/knowledge-base/disable-password-reveal-option-on-firefox-browser-via-group-policy/

I would guess the setting only affects the right click option in password requests after the change to Firefox (it is shared code) but as I said on your other topic, perhaps as in the enterprise list.