Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

Clicking the "view image" button opens the download window instead of simply showing the image

Jalios

So I honestly don't know what I changed but when I click the "view image" button it used to simply display the image, if I copied the image link and opened it in a new tab it would simply open the image, but now in both cases the image isn't shown and instead firefox opens the download window and asks me if I want to open or save the image. If someone could tell me what I changed and how I can revert that change that would be fantastic.

So I honestly don't know what I changed but when I click the "view image" button it used to simply display the image, if I copied the image link and opened it in a new tab it would simply open the image, but now in both cases the image isn't shown and instead firefox opens the download window and asks me if I want to open or save the image. If someone could tell me what I changed and how I can revert that change that would be fantastic.

Toate răspunsurile (2)

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.

  • switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Themes
  • do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window

Is this a problem for all images from all sites, or specific to a particular site?