Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Támogatás keresése

Kerülje el a támogatási csalásokat. Sosem kérjük arra, hogy hívjon fel egy telefonszámot vagy osszon meg személyes információkat. Jelentse a gyanús tevékenységeket a „Visszaélés bejelentése” lehetőséggel.

További tudnivalók
A témacsoportot lezárták és archiválták. Tegyen fel új kérdést, ha segítségre van szüksége.
Archivált

How do I get Firefox to show jpeg files in the same window/tab like it once did instead of asking me what to do everytime?

Twistednerve84

For a long time, whenever I click on a jpeg link in one of my Yahoo groups, the image simply loads in the Firefox window or tab that I'm viewing and I can simply hit the back button to return to the page I was on before. But just recently when I click on a jpeg link, Firefox asks me where I want to download the file and I have to choose between opening another tab, using Windows Photo Viewer, or selecting another program, I believe this is unnecessary and cumbersome. I would like it if Firefox would simply show me the image I'm trying to view in the same window/tab like it used to instead asking me where to download it and/or opening up a new tab when I don't really need it.

For a long time, whenever I click on a jpeg link in one of my Yahoo groups, the image simply loads in the Firefox window or tab that I'm viewing and I can simply hit the back button to return to the page I was on before. But just recently when I click on a jpeg link, Firefox asks me where I want to download the file and I have to choose between opening another tab, using Windows Photo Viewer, or selecting another program, I believe this is unnecessary and cumbersome. I would like it if Firefox would simply show me the image I'm trying to view in the same window/tab like it used to instead asking me where to download it and/or opening up a new tab when I don't really need it.

Összes válasz (4)

Hi Twistednerve84,
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Options to access the options window. Go to the Applications Panel and next to 'JPEG image' content type select to use your default application to view images.

You can also find some information here:
Firefox settings, preferences and other options
Please report back!

This can happen if the Yahoo server sends the image with an unsupported or otherwise generic content type.
Firefox will offer to download the file in such a case rather then displaying the file in a browser tab.

See also:

Thanks, Cor-el Your reply cleared up that mystery for me, but will "open-in-browser" work with images (jpegs) or just documents? Thanks again

-T. nerve84

Alco, Thanks for your reply. I'll see which one of these solutions gets the job done!

-T. nerve84