Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pesquisar no site de suporte

Evite golpes de suporte. Nunca pedimos que você ligue ou envie uma mensagem de texto para um número de telefone, ou compartilhe informações pessoais. Denuncie atividades suspeitas usando a opção “Denunciar abuso”.

Saiba mais
Esta discussão foi arquivada. Faça uma nova pergunta se precisa de ajuda.
Solved Arquivado

when firefox starts get error XUL Runner platform

coultona

installed 6.0.2 on windows 7 version kb2607712 but when firefox starts get error XUL Runner platform version 6.0.1 is not compatible with mivesrion >=6.0.2 maxversion >=6.0.2'. have uninstalled and downloaded and re-installed but same problem occurs.. after this firefox wont start at all.

installed 6.0.2 on windows 7 version kb2607712 but when firefox starts get error XUL Runner platform version 6.0.1 is not compatible with mivesrion >=6.0.2 maxversion >=6.0.2'. have uninstalled and downloaded and re-installed but same problem occurs.. after this firefox wont start at all.
Ler esta resposta

Solução escolhida

Did you make sure that all files in the Firefox program folder (C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\) are removed and that folder as well?

You can try to boot Windows in Safe mode (press F8 on the boot screen) to see if that allows to install Firefox.

You can also try a custom install in a different directory like "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox6\"

Todas as respostas (14)

Download latest Firefox version using one of these links:

Uninstall your current Firefox

Install Firefox using the downloaded & saved Firefox installer file

Check and tell if its working.

tried that twice. if I could get an earlier version I would install and try. First tho I will rollback to a restore point.

Create a New Profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.

-> Basic Troubleshooting: Make a New Profile

-> If that New Profile works then you can recover your Bookmarks and Passwords from the Old Profile.

-> Recovering important data from an old profile

Check and tell if its working.

This won't help the OP, but FWIW I simply reinstalled 6.0.2 (without doing the uninstall) and all appears to be well.

Do you have ZoneAlarm Extreme?

tried to run but the same problem occurs - I cannot get past the error to be able to change the profile.

tried that too....

yes. I shut down zonealarm and reinstalled but the same error occurs.

XULRunner error after an update

Check and tell if its working.

Alterado por Hasan em

same old..... removed firefox as completely as I could see from directories and registry. shut down zonealarm. fresh reinstall. still no joy.

Solução escolhida

Did you make sure that all files in the Firefox program folder (C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\) are removed and that folder as well?

You can try to boot Windows in Safe mode (press F8 on the boot screen) to see if that allows to install Firefox.

You can also try a custom install in a different directory like "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox6\"

hhmmm. I created a new directory, and installed ok. checking all the instances of firefox and version references in files across the pc will take a while. but I'll see if I can find the offending snippet.

Installing using the custom option and designating a new directory worked for me also. Thanks for the suggestion.

Glad to hear it

Alterado por Hasan em