Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pesquisar no site de suporte

Evite golpes de suporte. Nunca pedimos que você ligue ou envie uma mensagem de texto para um número de telefone, ou compartilhe informações pessoais. Denuncie atividades suspeitas usando a opção “Denunciar abuso”.

Saiba mais
Esta discussão foi arquivada. Faça uma nova pergunta se precisa de ajuda.
Arquivado

Why when I open another Tab it doesn't open up my home page, just a blank page?

tedsticals

I have already gone to Tools > Options, Tabs.

I also have done Control Panel > Internet Options > Tabs.

Basically when I open up Firefox my home page comes up fine. But when I want to open up another Tab, a tab opens up but all i get is a blank white page. All the settings are at "open new tabs as home page" so it shouldn't be doing this.

ANY ideas?

I have already gone to Tools > Options, Tabs. I also have done Control Panel > Internet Options > Tabs. Basically when I open up Firefox my home page comes up fine. But when I want to open up another Tab, a tab opens up but all i get is a blank white page. All the settings are at "open new tabs as home page" so it shouldn't be doing this. ANY ideas?

Todas as respostas (4)

Default action in Firefox is a blank page for a new tab, but there are a few extensions which allow the user to specify a specific page. Sounds like you might have an extension installed, to give you that "open new tabs as home page". Which one?

Control Panel > Internet Options > Tabs is for Internet Explorer, those settings don't affect Firefox.

The only extensions I have are Awesome Screen shot & Download Helper enabled.

Use this extension to add that preference to Firefox.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/newtaburl/

Thanks so much! This worked like a charm!