Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pesquisar no site de suporte

Evite golpes de suporte. Nunca pedimos que você ligue ou envie uma mensagem de texto para um número de telefone, ou compartilhe informações pessoais. Denuncie atividades suspeitas usando a opção “Denunciar abuso”.

Saiba mais
Esta discussão foi arquivada. Faça uma nova pergunta se precisa de ajuda.
Solved Arquivado

Stop playing video opened in a new tab until switch to it.

gdxr

Hi there! I struggle with some irritating problem. I often open many tabs e.g. when I search something on YouTube or something. The problem is that they start playing video immediately even though I don't want to yet. There is one browser which do the job by default but I don't want to use it. Let me honestly say: I want to use Firefox! :)

Setting up media.autoplay.enabled to false completely destroys video playing. An add-on called flash-controll is equally useful as previous tip.

Any idea?

Hi there! I struggle with some irritating problem. I often open many tabs e.g. when I search something on YouTube or something. The problem is that they start playing video immediately even though I don't want to yet. There is one browser which do the job by default but I don't want to use it. Let me honestly say: I want to use Firefox! :) Setting up media.autoplay.enabled to false completely destroys video playing. An add-on called flash-controll is equally useful as previous tip. Any idea?

Todas as respostas (3)

Solução escolhida

Firefox 56, I think, plans to do this by default. You can do so now by going to about:config and setting media.block-autoplay-until-in-foreground to true.

Alterado por mjbrm em

Finally!!! Big thanks!

This doesn't work in FF 57. Also, setting media.autoplay.enabled to "false" blocks YouTube so it won't play either automatically or manually in FF 57. And I don't know what the work-around is.