Windows 10 bereikte EO (einde ondersteuning) op 14 oktober 2025. Als je Windows 10 gebruikt, lees dan dit artikel.

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Meer info
Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Opgelost Gearchiveerd

How can I avoid signing in to Firefox every time I open it?

srelt

Firefox used to remain signed whenever I opened it. Now it forces me to go through the full sign in, including the password, every time I start it. How do I stay signed in? When I sign in, it goes to my correct home page. I just have to sign in each time.

Firefox used to remain signed whenever I opened it. Now it forces me to go through the full sign in, including the password, every time I start it. How do I stay signed in? When I sign in, it goes to my correct home page. I just have to sign in each time.
Dit antwoord in context lezen

Gekozen oplossing

Websites remembering you and automatically log you on is stored in a cookie.

  • Create an allow cookie exception (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions) to keep such a cookie, especially for secure websites and if cookies expire when Firefox is closed.

Make sure that you do not run Firefox in Private Browsing mode.

Do not use Clear Recent History to clear the "Site Preferences" and the "Cookies" as this doesn't take exceptions into account, but removes all specified data.

Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.


Alle antwoorden (3)

Check in safemode, whether any addons or theme making trouble in saving passwords


Usernames and passwords are not saved

Thanks for the help. I stumbled onto an answer by opening "help" and then the "troubleshooting" button. When I did that, I found a "reset" icon and after clicking that everything went back to normal. Maybe this will help someone else as well.

Gekozen oplossing

Websites remembering you and automatically log you on is stored in a cookie.

  • Create an allow cookie exception (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions) to keep such a cookie, especially for secure websites and if cookies expire when Firefox is closed.

Make sure that you do not run Firefox in Private Browsing mode.

Do not use Clear Recent History to clear the "Site Preferences" and the "Cookies" as this doesn't take exceptions into account, but removes all specified data.

Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.