Windows 10 bereikte EO (einde ondersteuning) op 14 oktober 2025. Als je Windows 10 gebruikt, lees dan dit artikel.

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Meer info
Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Opgelost Gearchiveerd

Firefox only starts as admin

SHooDoX

Since today my Firefox always crashes if I'm starting it. It won't crash if I'd run it as administrator.

I've already tried

  • running in safe mode (crashes too)
  • disabling my anti-virus software
  • re-installing Firefox

So I'm out of ideas at the moment. Everything was fine until today, I didn't change anything! Thanks for reading, SHooDoX!

Since today my Firefox always crashes if I'm starting it. It won't crash if I'd run it as administrator. I've already tried * running in safe mode (crashes too) * disabling my anti-virus software * re-installing Firefox So I'm out of ideas at the moment. Everything was fine until today, I didn't change anything! Thanks for reading, SHooDoX!
Dit antwoord in context lezen

Gekozen oplossing

philipp said

thanks SHooDoX, so about your particular crashes please refer to Firefox 43.0.3 startup crash with G DATA security software.

Thanks for the answer. I just found a work-around so I don't have to disable the browser-protection. Just needed to start Firefox in compatibility-mode (XP SP3).

Alle antwoorden (5)

hello, could you provide your latest few submitted crash reports? please enter about:crashes into the location bar, copy the latest few report ids from there starting with bp- & paste them here into a forum reply. this will give us a better understanding what may be triggering those crashes.

philipp said

hello, could you provide your latest few submitted crash reports? please enter about:crashes into the location bar, copy the latest few report ids from there starting with bp- & paste them here into a forum reply. this will give us a better understanding what may be triggering those crashes.

[29.12.2015 17:28]: bp-8eae126a-d554-4bba-83d8-cfce22151229 [29.12.2015 17:09]: bp-65c7dd62-13bb-484a-a08a-afad32151229 [29.12.2015 17:09]: bp-76b717ef-6dcd-4bd5-9a84-da5a92151229

thanks SHooDoX, so about your particular crashes please refer to Firefox 43.0.3 startup crash with G DATA security software.

Gekozen oplossing

philipp said

thanks SHooDoX, so about your particular crashes please refer to Firefox 43.0.3 startup crash with G DATA security software.

Thanks for the answer. I just found a work-around so I don't have to disable the browser-protection. Just needed to start Firefox in compatibility-mode (XP SP3).

as this is a rather ugly workaround, please see if you can get firefox to open up normally, after you've just ran a normal signature update in gdata first. if you're using a business variant of gdata security software you might receive the fix a little bit later, but it should still be imminent judging by the communication i've heard from gdata...