Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Spell checker not working since FF 4

djf42

The spell checker does not work,when typing, since download of FF4. How can I restore checking

The spell checker does not work,when typing, since download of FF4. How can I restore checking

All Replies (9)

Chosen Solution

Downloading the new Version 4 stripped out my dictionary, so none of my email send. What's up with that?

Sorry for the delay in responding. As you say, followed your instructions and it works like a charm. Thanks very much

Modified by djf42

mjattie

Follow kingghidorah advice and you can't go wrong djf42

Modified by djf42

Sorry, kingghidorah (djf42), your solution has not worked for me after several times of trying. Even when I turn off spell check in Version 4.01, the send button moves me into spell check anyway. Once there, spell check blocks everything. How can I get back to version 3.6.17. Does anybody know?

Sorry my suggestion hasn't worked for you. Not being a computer wizz can't help you further. Perhaps the back room boys at FF can step in and help, I'm sure that they wouldn't want you to go backwards in the versions.

I was perfectly happy with 3.6.17 (all of the 3s by the way.) How do I get in touch with the back room boys at FF?

Hi, djf42. I have found the 3.6.17 installer, have reinstalled it, and I am now perfectly happy. One of these days, Mozilla will come out with 4.02 with this problem fixed (hopefully). I will then give it a try. Thanks for your help.

Hi mjattie I was beginning to have to admit defeat, as I said, not really a computer wizz. Good that you have found what you need, I won't have to continue poking around trying to find a solution for you. Surprised others haven't jumped in with solutions who would perhaps be more competent. Happy computing