Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

Pop ups

Oscardog15

Why do windows keep popping up even though I block pop ups?

Why do windows keep popping up even though I block pop ups?
Read this answer in context

Chosen Solution

And if you restart into Troubleshoot Mode (from Help menu) to eliminate your addons?

All Replies (5)

When I'm in a website I click on something within the website and a new window will pop up that is usually a website like Kohls for instance . It's always a website that has nothing to do with what I have just clicked on. I can give you an example. I was listing items for sale on Facebook and when I clicked on the box for at home pickup only another website would open. It's really very annoying.

Chosen Solution

And if you restart into Troubleshoot Mode (from Help menu) to eliminate your addons?

It worked. I have not had any pop ups. thanks

Okay, that means one of your addons might be hijacking your clicks and planting advertising of theirs in your browsing.

Review the list of the extensions you use, and remove anything you don't remember or need, until the mysterious tabs stop cropping up from unrelated clicks. Troubleshoot issues related to add-ons

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.