why does sugr.swf try to load when I open Firefox?
this is a recent thing. when I start Firefox I get a message asking if I want to start sugr.swf. I cancel it out. What's up with this recent thing?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.8.20082
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Google Update
- HP Active Check Plugin
- HP Pit Plugin
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
Me, too. I get the standard open or run popup window about once a minute whenever Firefox is running. It becomes the active window and interrupts my typing. I did a search of the registry on sugr.wsf and got nothing. This is a _major_ pain in the ass. I'm just about ready to switch to Chrome if I can't fix this,
I think you are not the only ones, https://www.bing.com/search?q=sugr.swf&pc=MOZI
WARNING ! ! ! !
A link I found in the above search said that sugr.swf is a virus. Run your anti-virus now using full scan.
I did, and ran Anto-Malware Bytes twice, but I still get it.
Will this work:
1. Use Mozbackup. I have a whole lot of tabs open, not to mention bookmarks, add-ons, etc. 2. Uninstall Firefox. There's something that's causing that sugr.swf thing. 3. Download and install Firefox. 4. Restore with Mozbackup.
That was very good work. Well Done. Please flag your last post as Solved Problem so others will know.
How do I do that?
Sorry, the owner of this post has to do it.