Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

I removed my email from thunderbird and all files were deleted. is there anyway to get them back

icelandirect

We switched from Yahoo to Gmail. I was trying to set up a new account within Thunderbird for this new gmail account. However, I decided to remove my prior email account not realizing it could possibly delete all my folders in my inbox as well as subfolders. I just assumed it would delete the address but keep the current emails on my computer. Poof - voila - all gone. Any idea how to reclaim them?

We switched from Yahoo to Gmail. I was trying to set up a new account within Thunderbird for this new gmail account. However, I decided to remove my prior email account not realizing it could possibly delete all my folders in my inbox as well as subfolders. I just assumed it would delete the address but keep the current emails on my computer. Poof - voila - all gone. Any idea how to reclaim them?

All Replies (3)

i am unable to find my profile to recover as per your email. I checked on the error console as your link suggests and did a search everywhere to no avail. any other options?