Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Having ManagedBookmarks show up in address bar suggestions

Violet/Multi

In `policies.json`, I use this:

``` {

 "policies": {
   "SearchBar": "unified",
   "ManagedBookmarks": [
     {
       "name": "curl",
       "url": "https://curl.se/"
     }
   ]
 }

} ```

However, when typing `curl` into the address bar, the bookmark is not suggested. When I visit `curl.se` and manually add it as a bookmark, Firefox does suggest it in the address bar afterwards.

Is there a way to replicate the latter behavior with the former mechanism? The Bookmarks policy did this, but it appears to be deprecated.

In `policies.json`, I use this: ``` { "policies": { "SearchBar": "unified", "ManagedBookmarks": [ { "name": "curl", "url": "https://curl.se/" } ] } } ``` However, when typing `curl` into the address bar, the bookmark is '''not''' suggested. When I visit `curl.se` and manually add it as a bookmark, Firefox '''does''' suggest it in the address bar afterwards. Is there a way to replicate the latter behavior with the former mechanism? The Bookmarks policy did this, but it appears to be deprecated.

All Replies (1)

Yes, this is bug 1949944.

Mametraha fanontaniana

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.