Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Natao arisiva ity resaka mitohy ity. Mametraha fanontaniana azafady raha mila fanampiana.
Solved Natao arisiva

date format does not follow LC_TIME specification

random_jc

I would like the date format to be YYYY-MM-DD. My OS is Linux Mint and all the locale variables are set to "en_DK.UTF-8", as revealed by querying "locale" in a terminal. Still the date is displayed as DD-MM-YYYY. I also tried to follow the guidelines in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Date_display_format but it did not work. The problem was already exposed in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1265561.

I would like the date format to be YYYY-MM-DD. My OS is Linux Mint and all the locale variables are set to "en_DK.UTF-8", as revealed by querying "locale" in a terminal. Still the date is displayed as DD-MM-YYYY. I also tried to follow the guidelines in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Date_display_format but it did not work. The problem was already exposed in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1265561.
Hamaky an'ity valiny ity @ sehatra

Vahaolana Nofidina

The problem was solved elsewhere, the idea being to install the add-on Enhanced date formatter.

All Replies (3)

Have you checked the preferences > Advanced >general setting that was introduced in I think V60 to give the option of Application Locale Vs Regional settings.

My guess is it is set to application locale and that is not en_DK.

It is set to "regional settings locale: English (Denmark)".

Vahaolana Nofidina

The problem was solved elsewhere, the idea being to install the add-on Enhanced date formatter.