Showing questions for topic:

PDF creation

I used Quickfile for my accounts. Until the most recent Firefox update, I could create invoices within the software which seems to use Firefox to create them. this no l… (read more)

I used Quickfile for my accounts. Until the most recent Firefox update, I could create invoices within the software which seems to use Firefox to create them. this no longer works - within firefox it looks like it is creating the file, but doesn't seem to create a file that is able to be opened. Therefore I am using the Print Preview within Firefox, and selecting Print/Save to PDF and this works ok, but is another couple of clicks which is annoying.

Whilst Firefox may not be at fault, the issue isn't there on other browsers and it happened with the big update last week.

Open

PDF documents no longer open in windows app (Adobe) after update

Hi. This is more of a bug report than a question, but after new update our company got a big problem: we print from firefox, but we had it set up so as we open the PDF do… (read more)

Hi. This is more of a bug report than a question, but after new update our company got a big problem: we print from firefox, but we had it set up so as we open the PDF document it would open directly into Adobe Reader (and then print). After update this is no longer available, altough the settings say clearly "open with Adobe/windows application". Is there a possible solution? Thanks for the answer

Open

PDFs download only as .pdf.part files in Downloads folder and extension must be renamed

Firefox 157.0 (aarch64) macOS Tahoe 26.7.1 When I click on the link to a PDF to open it in Firefox and click on the Save icon in the file viewing UI (see attached image p… (read more)

Firefox 157.0 (aarch64) macOS Tahoe 26.7.1

When I click on the link to a PDF to open it in Firefox and click on the Save icon in the file viewing UI (see attached image pdf-save-icon.png) to save it to my local device, no File Save dialog box opens and nothing happens.

If I right click on the link to the file instead of opening the file, the file is saved silently to the Downloads folder with a name that ends in .pdf.part (see attached image filename.png). That typically indicates a partial, failed download, but in this case, if I remove the .part from the filename, the result is a viable PDF.

Solved 1

opening pdfs from a hyperlink in Adobe

Previous to the recent update I was able to click on a hyperlink, it would load then automatically download the pdf and then automatically open in Adobe. Now it just ope… (read more)

Previous to the recent update I was able to click on a hyperlink, it would load then automatically download the pdf and then automatically open in Adobe. Now it just opens in Firefox. I have changed the settings to open downloaded pdfs to Adobe but it still opens in Firefox and does not download. I have tried changing the PDF setting to save automatically and it still does not download or save it just opens in a new tab in Firefox.

Open 1

Meine gespeicherte PDF Dateien lassen sich nicht mehr automatisch mit Firefox öffnen

Meine gespeicherte PDF Dateien lassen sich nicht mehr automatisch mit Firefox öffnen Durch das Umstellen Ihres Firefox lassen sich die am Computer gespeicherten PDF nic… (read more)

Meine gespeicherte PDF Dateien lassen sich nicht mehr automatisch mit Firefox öffnen Durch das Umstellen Ihres Firefox lassen sich die am Computer gespeicherten PDF nicht mehr automatisch mit Firefox öffnen. Ich werde jedes Mal gefragt, womit geöffnet werden soll.

Open

Why does Firefox open PDF files directly instead of asking me to choose between opening them in Firefox or in my default PC application (Foxit Reader), even though it is set to "Always ask"?

Why isn't this happening when I open PDF files? Usually, there's an option that lets me choose between opening it directly in Firefox or using my PC's default app (Foxit … (read more)

Why isn't this happening when I open PDF files? Usually, there's an option that lets me choose between opening it directly in Firefox or using my PC's default app (Foxit Reader), but it keeps opening directly in Firefox instead.

Open

Using 157 and Firefox opens PDFs with Firefox instead of external viewer (even when it is selected)

When Fidefox updated to 157, it kept all my settings, but it will not allow my windows default PDF viewer to save and open PDFs automatically. Instead, it uses the Firef… (read more)

When Fidefox updated to 157, it kept all my settings, but it will not allow my windows default PDF viewer to save and open PDFs automatically. Instead, it uses the Firefox PDF viewer - which has improved, but it is not what I would like. I have reset my handlers.json along with trying to force it via about:config. Nothing is working, and it is a hassle.

Open

Update broke ability to choose where to open PDFs.

Adobe auto updated. The ability to choose where a PDF is opened or downloaded is now missing. Completely makes FireFox unsuitable for what I do. I did redo all the sett… (read more)

Adobe auto updated. The ability to choose where a PDF is opened or downloaded is now missing. Completely makes FireFox unsuitable for what I do.

I did redo all the settings to 'ask before'. Refreshed FireFox. Tried changing it in the popup where I choose what to print.

What do I need to fix?

Open 8 143

Firefox just updated and will no longer open PDFs in a default viewer even when I change the settings.

Firefox just updated to 157.0 and will no longer open PDFs in a default viewer even when I change the settings. My setting say they are set to open in Mac Viewer, but con… (read more)

Firefox just updated to 157.0 and will no longer open PDFs in a default viewer even when I change the settings. My setting say they are set to open in Mac Viewer, but continue to open in browser. I even tried to set it to open in Adobe still opens in my browser.

Open 1

Firefox update of 30 September 2026

So PDF's can no longer be set to open in Adobe, but it now requires clicking before the document opens in Adobe. No setting whatsoever can change this. Is this a permanen… (read more)

So PDF's can no longer be set to open in Adobe, but it now requires clicking before the document opens in Adobe. No setting whatsoever can change this. Is this a permanent setting? Will have to move to another browser now. What a hassle. Got to move bookmarks, set up home pages etc. Ugh. Bey Firefox....

Open 6 2 20

Firefox Automatically Opens Print Preview When Opening a PPT/PDF

I am experiencing an issue with Firefox where the Print Preview window automatically opens whenever I open my PPT/PDF file in Firefox. As shown in the attached screenshot… (read more)

I am experiencing an issue with Firefox where the Print Preview window automatically opens whenever I open my PPT/PDF file in Firefox.

As shown in the attached screenshot, Firefox immediately displays the Print panel instead of simply opening the document for viewing. I have to manually click Cancel or press Esc every time.

I did not intentionally select the Print option, and I would like Firefox to open the document normally without automatically launching Print Preview.

Could you please investigate this issue and let me know how I can prevent the Print Preview window from opening automatically?

Latest version of Firefox Windows 11 26H5

Open 10

When viewing PDFs, Tool dropdown menu is now longer and overflows needing a scroll.

Version 157.0 (64bit) has updated and resizing has caused issues. Previously, on my laptop screen, when I was viewing pdfs in browser I would navigate to the Tools dropdo… (read more)

Version 157.0 (64bit) has updated and resizing has caused issues. Previously, on my laptop screen, when I was viewing pdfs in browser I would navigate to the Tools dropdown and view the document properties at the very bottom of the dropdown. Before the update, all of the menu items fit without needing to scroll (when the window was fullscreen). Now, i must scroll in the dropdown to access Document Properties. The update resized the menu, making it longer and now it overflows. Please consider resizing back to original size or allowing users to adjust the dropdown menu.

Open

It seems like field entry in PDFs for dates cannot be changed?

When filling forms using the nightly build `148.0a1` on ubuntu 24.04, all date fields seem to default to `mm/dd/yyyy` when I want to use `dd.mm.yyyy`. I cannot seem to fi… (read more)

When filling forms using the nightly build `148.0a1` on ubuntu 24.04, all date fields seem to default to `mm/dd/yyyy` when I want to use `dd.mm.yyyy`. I cannot seem to find anywhere in firefox settings to change this default, and this makes it impossible to fill some forms correctly (as in the case of e.g. government forms in Germany, only one date format is accepted)

Open 1

Macos opening multiple pdf files

When I set Firefox as my default pdf viewer and click in Macos Finder to open multiple files nothing happens. Clicking on one file it opens it fine. Used the "Troublesho… (read more)

When I set Firefox as my default pdf viewer and click in Macos Finder to open multiple files nothing happens. Clicking on one file it opens it fine. Used the "Troubleshoot menu" to disable extensions and disable custom settings, same behavior. At one point I disabled "hardware acceleration" and it actually worked. Then it stopped working, not sure why. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Open

I've tried all the options offered and none of them work. The "Report Broken Site" in settings is grayed out.

The "Report Broken Site" is grayed out in Firefox. I tried all the fixes offered in Firefox. I checked my data settings in Firefox to make sure that Mozilla was included… (read more)

The "Report Broken Site" is grayed out in Firefox. I tried all the fixes offered in Firefox. I checked my data settings in Firefox to make sure that Mozilla was included and could receive data. I cleared my history. I restarted my computer. No help. I restarted Firefox. I cleared my history. I restarted my computer. No help. I replaced Firefox. I restarted my computer. I cleared my history. No help. I tried the fixes offered on Google. I cleared my history. I restarted my computer. No help. Nothing seems to be working. Is there any help out there?

This is what I get on the Chase site in question when I look to see my statement. @ secure.chase.com/web/auth/pdfviewer?docKey=21743136-8056-4785-a682-0fd001b36caf&sor=STAR_MS&adaVersion=false&csrftoken=fdaab518f892e949fe5eef858b07f7eb 3 The page where the statement is supposed to be visible is blank.

It downloads the statement instead. I have been able to see the statement online previously, but now I can't. Would like to be able to see it.

Open 1