This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
YOU HAVE AN APP CALLED VALUE APP WHICH CONTINUES TO POP UP ASKING FOR PERMISSION TO USE ALLOWING TO VIEW PERSONAL CONTENT AND CAN'T BE CLOSED UNLESS I CLOSE
this is a popup called value apps, it comes up when i start firefox and cant be closed until I quit firefox. it has a picture of a piggy bank with cash going into it. it says try it now then says by clicking try it now you agree to the access, collection and usage of your information by value apps. I love firefox but this seems connected to your website. i think it might be some kind of virus
All Replies (1)
it may be a malware.
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
In order to uninstall a possibly unwanted extension, please do the following:
- From the Firefox window click the Firefox button at the top left and select Add-ons, or, if the Firefox button is not shown, click the Tools menu and click Add-ons.
- Once the Add-on Manager has opened in a new tab, click the Extensions button on the left side of the window.
- You should now see a list of your installed extensions on the right side together with buttons on the right side of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click the Remove button. You should see a message that informs you about the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a Firefox restart to be removed completely. To perform a Firefox restart after the add-on removal, click the Restart now link in the message.
You can find further information about uninstalling extensions in the following articles: