Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

is it possible to get sound effects for incoming emails

HOTTENTOTVENUS

I would like a notification sound when I get an email. How can I do this?

I would like a notification sound when I get an email. How can I do this?

All Replies (2)

In Windows 7 - Control Panel>Sound>Sounds - may help.

With webmail, this solution won't work. Webmail doesn't provide for a sound configuration. What you can do is configure a client like Outlook Express or Thunderbird to get the emails from your webmail, and then configure the local client with incoming sound.