This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
My keyboard changes what characters are mapped to what keys in Firefox.
For example, when I try to use a question mark I get É instead. When I try to use an apostrophe or quotation marks I get nothing after I hit the key once, and I get `` after I hit the key twice. It seems to start at random. I will be using firefox for a while and not have this problem, then at random it will start doing this until I restart my computer.
All Replies (1)
- http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/The-Language-bar-overview The Language bar (overview)
It is possible that you are switching the keyboard layout by accident.
- Make sure that you have the Language bar visible on the Windows Taskbar.
- You can do that via the right-click context menu of the Taskbar: Toolbars > Language Bar.
- Check the keyboard language (keyboard layout) setting for the application that has focus via the icon on the Language bar.
- You need to do that while Firefox has focus because Windows remembers the keyboard layout setting per application.
The default to rotate the layout is a key combination (Ctrl+Shift or Alt+Shift) that you can easily use in Firefox to activate a menu item.
Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Keyboards and Languages > Change keyboards > Advanced key settings > Change key sequence
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258824 How to change your keyboard layout