Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Can you copy bookmarks from old Windows installation (copy of AppData folders) into a clean Windows7 install

Rick

I copied User folders and Program Files folder onto a data drive, and did a clean install of Windows 7 (I forgot to do the Backup Bookmarks option in Firefox Menu. Now I am trying to copy that information back into Firefox without success. Is there any way I can copy this data into the new install of Windows and Firefox manually, or have I lost the use of all my old bookmarks.

I copied User folders and Program Files folder onto a data drive, and did a clean install of Windows 7 (I forgot to do the Backup Bookmarks option in Firefox Menu. Now I am trying to copy that information back into Firefox without success. Is there any way I can copy this data into the new install of Windows and Firefox manually, or have I lost the use of all my old bookmarks.

All Replies (1)

See Restore bookmarks, passwords and data from an old Firefox profile, you just need to copy the files shown in that article from the old profile into the current profile folder.