how do i block Fire Fox pop ups
I have a hard time surfing web when i keep getting pop ups from Fire fox. I have run a malware and virus scan so i know its not a problem there. Its popups FROM FIREFOX. how do I get rid of them?
Every time Firefox opened
== anytime i click on ANYTHING
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 FunWebProducts (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
The most likely cause of excess popups on sites that should not have them, such as Google search pages, is spyware.
- Ensure you don't have any Firefox extensions that may be affecting the behavior of websites. See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems for instructions on testing whether extensions are causing a problem.
- See Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware to determine whether spyware is likely causing the issue
If spyware is at fault, a number of popular freeware malware scanners can be used. Some examples are:
- http://www.malwarebytes.org (Malwarebytes; free version works to remove spyware, but is limited in some features)
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/mal.../default.aspx (Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool)
- http://www.safer-networking.org (Spybot Search & Destroy)