Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

possible virus?

Les

Okay, so, I just factory reset my phone because I thought I had a virus. Why? Because Firefox once or twice opened itself onto a website while I was playing a game and it had "there is a third party app on your phone that may be accessing your bank details" with an ignore and scan button below it. Now, I have paranoia and was having an episode during one of these and accidentally clicked the scan button, so I decided this is probably some sort of virus or something that's doing this, because Firefox shouldn't be the one telling me this, right? I'm correct there, right?? Anyways, it has once again happened since I factory reset my phone, so is this connected to my account? I just reset it yesterday and I don't think there's any chance I went to a suspicious site in that time. Is it possibly my ESim? Do I need to do something about that? Do I need to contact google about my pixel acting weird? What can I do so I can stop this issue so it doesn't cause any more paranoia?

Okay, so, I just factory reset my phone because I thought I had a virus. Why? Because Firefox once or twice opened itself onto a website while I was playing a game and it had "there is a third party app on your phone that may be accessing your bank details" with an ignore and scan button below it. Now, I have paranoia and was having an episode during one of these and accidentally clicked the scan button, so I decided this is probably some sort of virus or something that's doing this, because Firefox shouldn't be the one telling me this, right? I'm correct there, right?? Anyways, it has once again happened since I factory reset my phone, so is this connected to my account? I just reset it yesterday and I don't think there's any chance I went to a suspicious site in that time. Is it possibly my ESim? Do I need to do something about that? Do I need to contact google about my pixel acting weird? What can I do so I can stop this issue so it doesn't cause any more paranoia?

All Replies (3)

Hi Les

Clearing the browsing history in Firefox for Android often resolves this kind of issue. This support article should help:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-your-browsing-history-firefox-android

This has seemingly worked so far, thank you!! I will update if the problem continues I genuinely can't thank you enough for the amount of relief this will give me

Hello,

I am glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. If you haven't already, please select the answer that solves the problem. This will help other users with similar problems find the solution.

Thank you for contacting Mozilla Support.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.