Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

[linux mint] flatpak doesn't launch anymore

Roel Groot

Overnight firefox doesn't launch anymore.

I have firefox installed via Software Manager flatpak (official Mozilla version) but it doesn't launch anymore. Clicking launch does nothing. Version is 156.0

I tried to launch the program in safe mode via console but it straight up doesn't find it?

I would love to add troubleshooting info but I can't actually get to it. I assume an update broke something but no idea how to solve this, can I go to an earlier version?

Overnight firefox doesn't launch anymore. I have firefox installed via Software Manager flatpak (official Mozilla version) but it doesn't launch anymore. Clicking launch does nothing. Version is 156.0 I tried to launch the program in safe mode via console but it straight up doesn't find it? I would love to add troubleshooting info but I can't actually get to it. I assume an update broke something but no idea how to solve this, can I go to an earlier version?
Read this answer in context

Chosen Solution

Did not try to remove it from the store.

Notably it did run via console when I tried

' flatpak run org.mozilla.firefox '.

This also fixed the problem, and it can now launch like normal again.

Still confused on why it just stopped working.

All Replies (3)

System monitor notably doesn't show any firefox process after attempting to run, not even for a second

Can you remove it from the store, and then let it install again?

Chosen Solution

Did not try to remove it from the store.

Notably it did run via console when I tried

' flatpak run org.mozilla.firefox '.

This also fixed the problem, and it can now launch like normal again.

Still confused on why it just stopped working.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.