My self-signed *.local.dev wildcard SSL no longer works in v101.0
After upgrading to v101, Firefox no longer recognizes my Self-signed wildcard SSL for *.local.dev.
Before you tell me not to use the .dev domain, I am aware that Google owns it and we're technically not supposed to do local development with the *.local.dev domain.
I have already tried the following: 1. Set network.stricttransportsecurity.preloadlist to FALSE, and everything was working perfectly fine before v101 2. imported the server.crt into Trusted Root Authorities in Windows, and also imported it in the Certificate manager in Firefox. 3. Tried other wildcard local domains like *.test.site, *.local.ddev and these don't work either.
I even tried following recent guides to issue a new certificate with openssl and SAN, and it still doesn't work.
Screenshot of wildcard SSL attached.
Found this guide *Works! https://betterprogramming.pub/trusted-self-signed-certificate-and-local-domains-for-testing-7c6e6e3f9548Read this answer in context 👍 0
All Replies (3)
Thanks cor-el! That explains it. I will check the release notes next time.
I did try issuing a certificate with the correct SAN, but it's possible I made a mistake. I'll keep trying and report any findings back here.
Found this guide *Works! https://betterprogramming.pub/trusted-self-signed-certificate-and-local-domains-for-testing-7c6e6e3f9548
Modified by Chad Reitsma