შეკითხვების ჩვენება ამ საკითხზე:

Opens with outbox

Hey dears, my thunderbird on my Android opens everytime with the outbox of one of my mail accounts... I closed the app, logged out/in, nothing changed. It doesn't matter … (ვრცლად)

Hey dears,

my thunderbird on my Android opens everytime with the outbox of one of my mail accounts... I closed the app, logged out/in, nothing changed. It doesn't matter which mail I open before I close the app. Every time it starts with the outbox (there is nothing in the outbox). How to fix this?

Thank you :)

ღია 2

Open link to upload file, now it is defaulted "Download" folder, it used to be last folder used.

This is killing my efficiency, I upload many files in the order i see fit, I select the folder, I upload the file, I open the link again to upload, it takes me to the s… (ვრცლად)

This is killing my efficiency, I upload many files in the order i see fit, I select the folder, I upload the file, I open the link again to upload, it takes me to the same folder. Not anymore

Now, with every upload no matter what folder I am in it takes me to "Download" folder, this change just happened on 10-8-26. Open link to upload file, now it is defaulted "Download" folder, it used to be last folder used.

I dont have this issue when I upload in chrome.

ღია 1

Kiosk Mode

I am using Ubuntu Linux on a desktop PC running Firefox in kiosk mode going to a specific web page - Every time Firefox does an update (since version 147) the kiosk mode … (ვრცლად)

I am using Ubuntu Linux on a desktop PC running Firefox in kiosk mode going to a specific web page - Every time Firefox does an update (since version 147) the kiosk mode stops working. The very latest update, after a reboot, just shows the menu bars and not Firefox going to that specified web page. Has the kiosk code changed since v147 ?

ღია 3

In version 154 no start pages are displayed that were set via registry entries.

Hi, In the latest firefox update 154, no start pages are displayed that were distributed with a registry key via group policy. It only works again if you change this sett… (ვრცლად)

Hi,

In the latest firefox update 154, no start pages are displayed that were distributed with a registry key via group policy. It only works again if you change this setting manually in the Firefox settings.

In Version 153 it´s fine.

Jan

ღია 2 10

Questions About Enterprise Deployment, Updating and Rollback of Firefox Policy Templates

Dear Firefox Support Team, We are evaluating the deployment of Mozilla Firefox Group Policy templates in our organization to support Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Netw… (ვრცლად)

Dear Firefox Support Team,

We are evaluating the deployment of Mozilla Firefox Group Policy templates in our organization to support Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Network Protection.

Microsoft has advised us that, for custom URL/domain Indicators to work correctly in Firefox, we need to:

1. Download the Firefox policy templates from:

  https://github.com/mozilla/policy-templates/releases

2. Copy the files and folders under the Windows directory to:

  `C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions`

3. Enable the **Disable Encrypted Client Hello** policy.

4. Configure the following preference to disable HTTP/3:

```json {

 "network.http.http3.enable": {
   "Value": false,
   "Status": "default"
 }

} ```

Microsoft referred us to Mozilla for clarification regarding the lifecycle, compatibility and rollback of the Firefox policy templates. Before deploying the configuration across our managed Windows devices, we would appreciate your guidance on the following questions.

1. Policy template update frequency

We noticed that new versions of the Firefox policy templates are released quite frequently.

  • Is it necessary to deploy every new version of the policy templates?
  • Should organizations establish a regular schedule for updating the ADMX/ADML files?
  • Alternatively, should the templates only be updated when a required policy has changed or when the installed Firefox version requires a newer template?
  • Is there a recommended method for matching a policy-template version with Firefox Release and Firefox ESR versions?
  • Could an older policy-template version continue to be used if it already contains the required policies?

2. Different Firefox versions across endpoints

Our users may have different versions of Firefox or Firefox ESR installed.

If the same policy templates and settings are deployed to all managed Windows devices:

  • What happens when an installed Firefox version does not support a setting included in the policy template?
  • Will Firefox simply ignore an unsupported policy, or could it cause policy-processing errors or browser compatibility issues?
  • Is there a minimum supported Firefox or Firefox ESR version for `DisableEncryptedClientHello` and the `network.http.http3.enable` preference?
  • Do you recommend targeting the deployment according to the installed Firefox version?

3. Devices without Firefox installed

Some managed devices do not have Firefox installed.

  • Is it safe to deploy the Firefox ADMX/ADML files and related registry-based policy settings to those devices?
  • Will the files and settings remain inactive until Firefox is installed?
  • Could deploying the templates or registry settings have any effect on Windows or other browsers?

4. Replacement of existing templates

When copying the files into `C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions`, Windows may prompt us to replace existing Mozilla ADMX/ADML files.

  • Is it safe to replace older versions with the latest released templates?
  • Could replacement affect or remove existing Firefox Group Policy configurations?
  • Should the existing files be backed up before replacement?
  • Do we only need `mozilla.admx`, `firefox.admx` and the corresponding language-specific ADML files, or should every file and language folder in the Windows package be copied?

5. Rollback procedure

If the deployment causes an unexpected browser, compatibility or performance issue, what is Mozilla’s recommended rollback procedure?

Should we:

  • Change **Disable Encrypted Client Hello** to *Not Configured* or *Disabled*;
  • Remove or reverse the `network.http.http3.enable` preference;
  • Remove the associated Firefox policy registry values;
  • Restore the previous ADMX/ADML files; and/or
  • Remove the current templates from `C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions`?

Please clarify whether withdrawing the Group Policy assignment is sufficient to restore Firefox’s default ECH and HTTP/3 behavior, or whether endpoint-level cleanup is also required.

6. Recommended enterprise deployment approach

For a managed enterprise environment, would Mozilla recommend deploying these templates through:

  • The Active Directory Group Policy Central Store;
  • Local `C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions`;
  • Microsoft Intune ADMX ingestion;
  • Direct registry-based policies; or
  • Another supported method?

We would appreciate Mozilla’s official recommendation so that we can complete our internal risk assessment and prepare an appropriate deployment, maintenance and rollback plan.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards, Summer

ღია 2 10

give me more options

I do not use all of Fire Fox or any other program. I like some of this and some of that, but like a tough business, you try and stop me from doing this. I HATE it when … (ვრცლად)

I do not use all of Fire Fox or any other program. I like some of this and some of that, but like a tough business, you try and stop me from doing this. I HATE it when Fire Fox updates, it changes every thing I have set up for ME, not you. I have stopped all updates until I can take a look at them , but some times I just don't want what you are updating. I don't have my phone synced to my computer, so I don't want you trying to do it. I do not like, especially with Windows 11, all the jumps, changes to try and save my pass words unless I have a key. I don't want a key, just save my pass words. I know Fire Fox is owned and operated by Mozilla, but how can I separate you so I don't have you messing with the way I want things. I use Google, Fire Fox, DUCK DUCK, but I do not like Edge and Bing, but I like some of most of them. I know you have a community of testers but that is not the average user. Some people rely on all the things you, Google, Windows, and Microsoft offer, but I do not think the majority of the users like this. Have you seen a lot of the comments about KEY, They weren't happy with it. So why force it on those of us who don't want it. GIve me my computer back and offer changes but don't force them on us

ღია 1

How to turn off warning about recipients seeing addresses so use bcc

As per title, if I have a large enough distn list I get a warning bar (see image) with The x recipients in To and Cc will see each other's address. You can avoid disclo… (ვრცლად)

As per title, if I have a large enough distn list I get a warning bar (see image) with The x recipients in To and Cc will see each other's address. You can avoid disclosing by using Bcc instead. Then two options, which appears to require a response. ( I haven't tested not acknowledging it and sending a blank email to one of my large lists as I don't want to appear incompetent to all my work colleagues)

This helpful warning is (emotively) treating me like an idiot. I am well aware of the 3 categories and I know how to use them. I don't need to be told each time and have to choose. I don't need a warning, if I stuff up that's my problem.

The issue for me is that recently I have started to use some larger distn lists so it's occurring too frequently.

Have searched but so far missed any option or config setting to disable this. Can anyone please advise how to do so, if it is possible.

This isn't asking for a debate on whether or not it's a good idea to warn people who don't understand email sending options (you can guess my view but each to their own). I'm simply asking is there a way to turn this behaviour off and stop TB from wasting my time requiring a response.

Thanks.

გადაწვეტილი 2

Thunderbird has changed the layout of my screen and dropped SPLIT SCREEN mode

I have been trying to find an help email address for Thunderbird, as my copy has changed the layout of my screen and dropped the email display window that normally displa… (ვრცლად)

I have been trying to find an help email address for Thunderbird, as my copy has changed the layout of my screen and dropped the email display window that normally displays the email I select BELOW the email list in a SPLIT SCREEN mode.

გადაწვეტილი 1

i'm not seeing my replies to an email with the received email

i'm using thunderbird for my email messaging. when i reply to an email, why doesn't it show up in the inbox along with received email i replied to? it is nice to see the … (ვრცლად)

i'm using thunderbird for my email messaging. when i reply to an email, why doesn't it show up in the inbox along with received email i replied to? it is nice to see the whole thread at once.

გადაწვეტილი 1

Feature request - larger, permanent scroll bars option

I am requesting that the update team consider providing an option for larger and permanent scroll bars. The current small, disappearing scroll bars require more accurate … (ვრცლად)

I am requesting that the update team consider providing an option for larger and permanent scroll bars. The current small, disappearing scroll bars require more accurate placement of the cursor than is easy and sometimes results in false signals to Thunderbird to scroll as you try to center the cursor. I know I spend several seconds messing with it each time I want to scroll up or down or just go to the next line as I'm reading. This may be a request to accommodate the elder community, who often has less fine motor control in their hands.

გადაწვეტილი 3

Task list renders garbled glyphs (titles and dates), rest of Thunderbird fine

In the Tasks tab, every task title and every due date is rendered as unreadable glyphs with stacked diacritics (see screenshot). Column headers, the mini calendar, mail a… (ვრცლად)

In the Tasks tab, every task title and every due date is rendered as unreadable glyphs with stacked diacritics (see screenshot). Column headers, the mini calendar, mail and the calendar view all display normally. Because the dates are garbled too, this looks like a font or rendering problem rather than corrupted data.

Thunderbird version: 156.0.1 Operating system: Mac Tahoe 26.6 Troubleshoot Mode: problem persists. Hardware acceleration off: no dif. Different default font: [not tried]

Any ideas?

ღია

Consitent font size across HTML mail and signature in Thunderbird

Hi community, I want to have the same font and font-size in: my HTML message body text my signature.html file so I can send consistent and nice-looking e-mails, like … (ვრცლად)

Hi community,

I want to have the same font and font-size in:

  • my HTML message body text
  • my signature.html file

so I can send consistent and nice-looking e-mails, like you would expect.

Here are my current settings:

  • Settings > General > Language & Fonts > Fonts >
    • Default font: Arial
    • Size: 12
    • Advanced: For both "Latin" and "Other Writing Systems" I have the settings you can see in the attached screenshots.

I heard that these settings are for personal viewing.

  • Settings > Composition > HTML Style >
    • Font: Arial
    • Size: Medium

I heard that these settings are for viewing by recipients.

The first line of my signature.html file looks like this: div style="font-family: 'Arial'; color: #222; line-height: 1.0; font-size: 14px;"

There is always a slight font size mismatch of the message text with my signature.

I unsuccesfully tried tweaking the html font size values in px or pt to match the given size in Settings > Composition > HTML Style for Medium or Large.

It seems that the available font size granularity of Medium or Large just does not match corresponding pixel or point values?

I would be extremely grateful if someone can guide me on how to achieve this!

If there is no valid solution for this problem, I'm happy to open/report an issue on this.

Thank you and have a wonderful day

გადაწვეტილი 7 70

Why are "all" of my filters still not working correctly (bug2068847??) - "Applying filter actions failed" and "Filter run failed"

Enclosed are jpg copies of the current sets of filters failures in my TB email program. TB Error0 shows the 6 emails that have arrived and are placed in the INBOX. Howev… (ვრცლად)

Enclosed are jpg copies of the current sets of filters failures in my TB email program.

TB Error0 shows the 6 emails that have arrived and are placed in the INBOX. However, each of these has a corresponding filter set up to move them upon arrival to a separate subject email mailbox.

Note: If I highlight the INBOX and then go to Tools > Run Filters On Folder ... all of these INBOX email messages will be correctly filtered and moved to their respective email mailbox, BUT each of them is shown as having been "read" and unless you pay close attention, you may not know where these INBOX emails were sent.

I am also enclosing TB Error1 & 2 that show the last couple of days message filtering errors.

I can find nothing wrong with how each of these filters are set up, yet they seem to consistently fail to operate when new emails arrive.

Note one of them is for incoming emails from ... schiffsovereign.com. I have edited this filter repeatedly, even deleted it and re-input the information. Yet the filter never takes hold and does what it is designed to do. I am enclosing a jpg of that specific filter as TB Error3

I am looking for suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Thank you and best wishes,

/s/ James T Saint, CCIM COO

გადაწვეტილი 11 51